270soft Forum
danieldlmn

game record

I've been playing this quite a bit and save every single result I have. All settings are:

Regionalism: On

Economy: On

Spies: On (though I never use them...)

Fog of War: On

Dynamism: Off (I shudder at how outrageous my electoral victories would be if I allow myself to have this on...they're already big as is)

I also always use the maximum number of parties that are available.

Top 10 scores:

highscores.JPG

The three most notable wins

Goldwater (1964 scenario) - October 12, 2005

Note: Republicans are blue on 1964.

goldwaterwin1012.JPG

JFK (1960 official scenario) - October 15, 2005

jfkwin1015.JPG

Kerry (2004 official scenario) - October 15, 2005

kerrywin1015.JPG

Sure, I've won with more on other scenarios (like FDR), but that's because FDR was going to win by a huge margin anyway...and yes, I do use the "ad cheat". :P

As for Mondale in 1984...I found it hard to pull off a devastating electoral landslide (like the above) the time I played it. I won the popular vote 61%-37%, but only won electorally 431-107.

Maybe I'll put up images of 3 electoral wins a week on this topic or something, since I have so many saved...

• Upvote 1

WOW

How can you do that?

Which's your strategy?

A LOT of negative campaigning. I feel that any backfiring doesn't compensate for all the damage I could cause. (Check the 3rd party thread I started for a longer description)

Since I heard Red Dawn was nearly impossible (from earlier in this topic) when being played as a Democrat, I just tried it. I beat McCain as Edwards, 57%-36%, and won 501-37 (lost Idaho, Arkansas, Arizona, Alabama, Nebraska, and Alaska). This scenario is quite odd...49% advantage for the Democrats in Washington, and then tied up or losing in every other state including DC? Shouldn't it be the other way around with Washington and DC? :blink:

Indeed, my best result in 2004 is 492 votes with Bush. The result I'm most proud of is 496 votes with Buchanan in '92 (added him myself but think I was pretty reasonable).

Okay...what DID you cheat with? ;)

Nothing. :P

I've used the Yoyo tip. Lot of negative campaign against Bush, 3th week before the end of the campaign I've launched anti-bush ad in the States where I'm loosing, after the polling I've launched the second ad (Pro kerry ad) in the States I'm loosing, and finally in the last week I've launched the last ad (anti Bush) in the States I'm loosing.

When I use this kind of tactic, I have exellent results.

P.S. I always brainstrom in States where I'm loosing.

P.S. 2 I always make ads related with my strategy

th_b2d_franken_trounce.JPG

Oh what a glorious night that would be- President Al Franken. A lot of the red states were still very close, the only blow outs for Allen were Alaska, Idaho, Arkansas, and Alabama.

Click on it to see it big.

What a night THIS would have been

NOBUSHORKERRYSTATES.jpg

http://photobucket.com/albums/y230/Call123...KERRYSTATES.jpg

Nader president, no Bush or Kerry states...

:blink:

EDIT:  Is isn't big, could someone please make it bigger?

The numbers are :

Bush 0

Kerry 0

Nader 322

Badnarik 216

HOLY CRAP! That's impressive. Good job!

What a night THIS would have been

NOBUSHORKERRYSTATES.jpg

http://photobucket.com/albums/y230/Call123...KERRYSTATES.jpg

Nader president, no Bush or Kerry states...

:blink:

EDIT:  Is isn't big, could someone please make it bigger?

The numbers are :

Bush 0

Kerry 0

Nader 322

Badnarik 216

Wait, how did you manage that?!? We're you playing as both Nader and Badnarik? And what was the popular vote?

Bush 1% (1,644,909)

Kerry 3% (4,402,251)

Nader 51% (67,151,475)

Badnarik 43% (56,085,986)

I was Badnarik, and I don't know what happened. 6 MASSIVE Scandels on Bush and 8 on Kerry, with a lot of nagative campagning, only againsed Bush and Kerry.

Bush  1%  (1,644,909)

Kerry  3%  (4,402,251)

Nader  51%  (67,151,475)

Badnarik  43%  (56,085,986)

I was Badnarik, and I don't know what happened.  6 MASSIVE Scandels on Bush and 8 on Kerry, with a lot of nagative campagning, only againsed Bush and Kerry.

I think that's the most incredible results I've ever seen then, I didn't think it was even possible becuase of the % of voters who won't change no matter what...