270soft Forum

My absolut uber awesome C4E Senate as Republican.

Move over, John Boehner. Mitch is now running the show.

Don't ask me how I did that ... had the luck to get three high profile scandals on Dems.

Democrats just dropped dead.

Senate2010-3.jpg

This one was hilarious. California decided the election and Obama won by a mere 9,000 votes. I guess this one would be in for a recount.

CA10000votes-2.jpg

And this one:

Santos won the popular vote, but Walken owned the House in this scenario. He was elected.

Santos.jpg

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, still a good outcome. Technically, if it were a college level debate, Obama would probably lose. He would win in speaker points (persuasivness, delivery,) but he would lose the arguments. Huntsm

Obama because I was barnstorming like crazy.

2008 election scenario I was Al Gore. I started in the primaries and won. I faced George Allen. This was on hard mode 2008 election Results: Al Gore 538 Electoral Votes 67% of the Popular Vote Geo

Posted Images

Laxalt.jpg

As a native Nevadan, this is probably my favorite game ever. It was done the hard way. 'Hard' w/Laxalt/Bush against Dukakis/Simon, no cheats.

Since I started out with only $100k, my only goal was to win NV in the primaries. I was conservative in my spending, only running one newspaper ad on leadership in NV and barnstorming it like mad until I pulled out a huge lead. Then since there was time before the first primaries, I started targeting IA and KS and obtained huge leads there. For a moment, I mused with the idea of winning some key primary states and getting enough delegates to vie for VP. Lastly, I targeted Michigan, but was unable to pull it off in time and Bush won, although I narrowed the gap to about a few percentage points.

With Bush the leader, my polls declining in KS and the loss in Michigan, I abandoned any minute hope of winning but played on. Everyone started endorsing Bush early on. Nevertheless, I won Iowa and Nevada by huge margins, and having shut Robertson out of an early primary victory, he endorsed me. The momentum of these wins and the Robertson endorsement led me to securing another endorsement from Fernandez and winning OH, FL, MD, MS & NC on super tuesday. Despite these big upsets, I stood at 445 projected delegates and Bush at over 1,700 - there was no realistic path to winning.

I was wrong, I won Bush's childhood home of CT and began polling ahead in CA, and tying in NJ and WI. Bush still had momentum and won IA, CO and DE, by no means was he in trouble. I won WI and he won NY and we went back and forth. He received Rumsfeld's endorsement which left just Bush and I to duke it out. Then I won AZ, UT & PA and pulled ahead of him in projected delegates with 1115 to 1112! I still didn't think I could pull it out because he was still polling at over 50% and me at only 44% and he had secured more delegates then I had. I had to win virtually every remaining state to steal victory from him and swept IN, NE, WV, AR & OR! Idaho the following week marked Bush's last stand but I beat him there and swept the remaining states, securing the nomination with big victories in California and New Jersey on June 7, 1988.

Not wasting anytime, I made Bush my VP and shifted towards my general election strategy. I was already dominating in the polls and targeted predominately liberal states while maintaining my core theme of Leadership, Iran-Contra and the Soviet Union. I never allowed Dukakis a chance, hitting him with scandals, non stop advertising and forcing him to defend strongholds like MA, RI & NY. I reached a pre-election high of 59.2% 2 weeks out and narrowed D.C. to just a few percent the day before election. Nevertheless, Dukakis expanded his lead in D.C. and I expanded my lead nationally, winning every other state and nearly 60% of the popular vote. Reagan's dream of being succeeded by NV's favorite son became a reality.

• 3 weeks later...

Brushed aside Clinton and Pelosi in the primaries only to find a difficult challenge in Huckabee for the general election. I took him for granted for a long time and found myself trailing in the polls come October. I was sure come election night eve that it was all over but nevertheless I ran two ads one on my experience and the other attacking Huckabee on Abortion, that week I had also released my only scandal on him.

brownintheusa.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

That was an uninspiring election and one I did not deserve to win. However I couldn't help thinking this was somehow revenge for 2000 :)

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

PM4ECanada2011hard.JPG

Prime Minister Forever 2011 on hard. I'm Harper. I targeted Ignatieff's and Layton's seats and beat Iggy by 11 points and Jack by 21.

I had a perfect storm go in my favor in the last week. I had an excellent ad running nationally in my favor and good ads running against the Liberals and NDP, while they both had attack ads backfire. I released scandals on both parties, and they both had scandals released on them from other parties as well. Needless to say, I was quite pleased with the outcome. :D

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here is a tentative test of the "UN General Secretary - 2006". This is a more modified one, still using the regional groupings. As you can see on the map, I've split the world into the UN designated regions, while I've made the five permanent security council members official regions of their own. Also you can see, I haven't mastered the art of screen capture.

copy2ofcopyofunelection.png

(Asian Group)-Ban Ki-moon, Eastern Asia(South Korea): 66.6%

(European Group)- Vaira Vike-Freiberga, Northern Europe(Latvia): 33.4%

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty awesome! I once got 64 with the Democrats, but that was tough!!!! Great job!

2010DemSen.jpg

This was amazing for me. I managed to get 1 high and 1 medium profile scandals on the GOP and spent myself into oblivion. Nevada, Iowa, and Kentucky were surprisingly strong victories. Wisconsin was unbelievable. 81%. California and Connecticut were the two toss ups.

• Upvote 1

Not only that (chuckles), but Kerry won by a hefty margin in the Ev

POLLWONK

screenhunter01dec211731.gif

Playing as Kerry. Hilariously enough, I lost the popular vote. So a president who lost the popular vote was succeeded by another president who lost the popular vote! :P

• Upvote 1

ouch...

and to think they worked as pals together on Capitol Hill...

This one is my all time favorite

Played 2008 wonk as Feingold. I started off campaigning hard in Iowa solely on health care, running ads constantly. I managed to pull off Iowa and used the momentum to pull in NH. From there on it snowballed with me in first place, Obama, then Clinton. it looked like Clinton was going to drop and endorse Obama, which would've cost me the nomination. Instead, she just plain old dropped and even though Obama got more of her delegates than I did, I got enough to lock it in. I offered Obama the VP spot and he took it

The general started off really tough. McCain and I slugged it out the whole time, neither of our numbers moving much. I was running ads the whole time due to my phenomenal fund raising machine. I was bringing in $8 million a turn. The financial crisis provided me an opportunity and instead of running on health care, I ran solely on sub prime mortgages, both touting my stance and hammering McCain on his. It put me way up in swing states and brought states like Texas into play. Finally, near the end I got Collin Powell to endorse me, and then Chuck Hegel did too. The last week before election night, I ran a highly successful cable ad in every state about my sub prime mortgages stance and 3 days before the election I ran a highly successful radio ad in every state hammering McCain's position on them too. The momentum propelled me going into election night.

Here's the night of

2008-FeingoldNightof.jpg

And here's the end of the night

2008-FeingoldFinal.jpg

Not sure how I pulled it off so well, but I'm not complaining

• Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Though I don't have a screenshot for this, I played as Wayne Allen Root in the 2008 election...

EV:

Root: 269

Clinton: 211

Giuliani: 58

...since I didn't get the 270 Electoral Votes, Congress ended up deciding and the Democrats picked Clinton... >O...

what was really angering though was I lost South Carolina to Clinton by only 134 votes...

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Dean04.jpg

Hard. Dean/Clark vs. Bush/Rice

In a nice bit of irony, Florida came down to less than 6k votes, Ohio less than 36k votes and Dean got 'a thumpin'' in the popular vote. This is the one elusive victory I have struggled for some time to overcome, and rightly so as Bush had 52% of the populat vote locked up and every state accept Mass before I'd even clinched the nomination, so I am quite proud of this one. A little miffed about losing Michigan by 3% though. Also only got "incompetent" for this one, though this is probably one of the most struggling victories I've ever attained.

• Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...

2010 House Scenario as Dems

2010HouseDems.png

Best of all, I took out Bachmann, Walsh, and Roskam. Got a big scandal on the GOP which I saved till near the end, and two little ones I used mid game. I ran ads targeting the GOP on the budget and pumped tons of cash into swing districts.

• Upvote 1

Map, from my save

Mondale versus Reagan from the '84 scenario. I wrapped up the primaries early. McGovern surged in Iowa and nearly beat me in NH but otherwise there were no issues. I cleaned up and started on Reagan, piling up scandals and focusing most of my issues and ads on attacking his Leadership. From March until around July the race was stagnant, with Mondale making a few incremental gains in the electoral college (ie Ohio and Michigan). Right up until the Democratic Convention the race was pretty solidly me from 41-43% to Reagan's 45-47%.

The wad of cash I got from the convention allowed me to be far more agressive in my attacks, though I saved about $6 million for the last week, when I blitz the other side with negative ads. So week after week i began gaining ground until late October, when I was ahead 47.8 to 47.4. After Mondale took the lead the dam burst for Reagan as I flooded the news with scandals and the airwaves with negative attack. His momentum bottomed out 1 day before with the election.

The popular vote was 55.1 to 44.9 in the end, and the electoral college, as you can see, was more runaway

• 3 weeks later...

Long story...first I sorta cheated by adding an extra five endorser points...but nothing more...

I honestly don't know how I did it...All I did was win the nomination without using a single PIP. I then managed to convince Giuliani, Paul, and Kucinich to endorse me which gave me about 14% of the national support by March. I offered Obama the Veep position which put me up to about a 17%. I managed to get some media attention and by September I was polling 20%. I worked my butt off to get ready for the debates and interviews. I campaigned like mad. I clobbered in the debates which raised me to about a 28%...

here's the catch though...my best poll numbers were in the big states like California and New York.

On the final day, I was supposed to lose...

Dems: 275

Root: 180

GOP: 53

However, most of the Democrats states were only "Democratic edge". I did some powerful campaigning in the close states in the final week which helped...

Again, I don't know how I did it. I have tried it again and got about 14% of the popular vote.

POLLWONK

How in the world did you get that many electoral votes as a far distant third partyer?

• Upvote 1

Wow! That looks pretty weird! I've had an Obama vs. Romney 08 scenario where Romney won the popular vote 51-49...but that's amazing!

Dean04.jpg

Hard. Dean/Clark vs. Bush/Rice

In a nice bit of irony, Florida came down to less than 6k votes, Ohio less than 36k votes and Dean got 'a thumpin'' in the popular vote. This is the one elusive victory I have struggled for some time to overcome, and rightly so as Bush had 52% of the populat vote locked up and every state accept Mass before I'd even clinched the nomination, so I am quite proud of this one. A little miffed about losing Michigan by 3% though. Also only got "incompetent" for this one, though this is probably one of the most struggling victories I've ever attained.

• Upvote 1

That sounds awesome! Taking out Bachmann is, well, kind of easy, but overall it's very cool.

I had a situation similar to that...except the GOP won the House in 2010...

REPUBLICAN: 284

DEMOCRAT: 151

The best part was I almost unseated Pelosi (yes Pelosi). I put several spies on her and got three gigantic scandals (Level 20, Level 18, and Level 15). I released them all a week before...the results...

Before poll... Pelosi 81%...Dennis 13%...

After Scandals...Pelosi 43%...Dennis 37%

Being able to capture that district was so tempting I removed everyone except Pelosi from my targeted seats so my crusaders could plow through there...the final results...

Pelosi: 231,464 (50.2%)

Dennis: 229,799 (49.8%)

...that probably had to be my biggest dissapointment ever...then again, she probably would have been impeached upon the 112th Congress taking session because I had managed to raise the level of the scandals to the low twenties each.

POLLWONK

2010 House Scenario as Dems

2010HouseDems.png

Best of all, I took out Bachmann, Walsh, and Roskam. Got a big scandal on the GOP which I saved till near the end, and two little ones I used mid game. I ran ads targeting the GOP on the budget and pumped tons of cash into swing districts.

• Upvote 1

This was a tough one.

I played as Giuliani in the primaries, and in the beginning John McCain surged, and I beat him down with attack ad after attack ad until he wasn't even winning in Arizona. Cue Mitt Romney, who took New Hampshire after a tough battle. (Ron Paul took Iowa, to little avail, and surrendered to Romney after Super Tuesday.) Romney and I duked it out, neither of us getting a big lead, although I had a lead in delegates until the very, very end.

The primaries came down to Idaho, one of the last states, which I was winning but Romney had all the momentum in, and he took by two points. He had 1169 delegates at this point, a majority, and I offered him all of my PP to become his veep. He graciously accepted.

On the Democratic side, Clinton completely destroyed Barack Obama, swept Super Tuesday, and ended up receiving every delegate and every dropout offer.

The General Election was a tough challenge as well. The Democrats had slight leads in GOP strongholds, while states like Pennsylvania were up in the air. I took the 84,000,000 and I was very conservative with my funds in the beginning, running only newspaper and radio ads for the longest time. Hillary spared no expense, however, and come October 27 she had around 4,000,000, and I had 15,000,000. I ran TV ads all over the country, but I couldn't reverse the damage done by her previous ads by very much. Here's how it wound up.

9j26qh.png

Arizona was flipping around like mad which, obviously, would've thrown the election. I won it by .4%. :D

• Upvote 1