26 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the scenario's

• Great
    • Very Good
    • Good
    • OK
    • Bad

Hi,

Can you email me or re-upload the Liverpool Westminster Election 1983 scenario, as the rapidshare link has now expired?

Thanks

No problem, i will do that.

Nyarai 2000 is now up: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7OB85D2O

For the best play, choose DCN, the second party. I may tweak the gameplay, as the vote isn't collapsing as much as i hope when you play as the 3 other parties. This means either lowering NAM-PF's finances even more or increasing the undecided vote, which is already huge. This a rather experimental scenario for me.

I'll give this a try!

Say, may I please use your Europe map (the one with Turkey and Israel) and England map for my upcoming set of far future scenarios? And, if so, could you PLEASE send me the bitmap versions, as I know by past experience the jpeg versions posted with image shack don't work due to having the wrong shade of black in their borders (as you know from my original Austria map, which was a jpeg post, but also from Georgia and Washington state maps posted for me on the P4E+P forums)? If you do agree, please just include the two maps with the redone Austria map. Thanks in advance!

I'll give feedback on Nyarai shortly.

Of course you can, i'll send the originals to your email.

I'm going to update that Nyarai. It's not a great deal enjoyable playing as anyone except from DCN. However, all it needs is to vary the undecideds rather than a uniform one though all the regions. This means raising the undecideds in the liberal thinking urban regions of Mumbzongwe, Esimatenga & Chundeni (the industrial urban region), & Lukdazi(gives the chance of a seat for the NNF) as well as Tukgani, a non-troubled liberal rural region, which came across in this version, as rock hard NAM-PF. And lowering rural regions like Ijaro & Umsfingora, to make it hard to break down.

So hopefully, it will make it more challenging to defend the seats for NAM-PF, allow the NPP to do better in the 2 main urban regions (Mumbzongwe & Esimatenga) and allow the NNF to get a seat or 2 in Lukdazi, and hopefully not let the DCN do too well! I'll try it out tomorrow and see if it's the way i want it.

Of course you can, i'll send the originals to your email.

I'm going to update that Nyarai. It's not a great deal enjoyable playing as anyone except from DCN. However, all it needs is to vary the undecideds rather than a uniform one though all the regions. This means raising the undecideds in the liberal thinking urban regions of Mumbzongwe, Esimatenga & Chundeni (the industrial urban region), & Lukdazi(gives the chance of a seat for the NNF) as well as Tukgani, a non-troubled liberal rural region, which came across in this version, as rock hard NAM-PF. And lowering rural regions like Ijaro & Umsfingora, to make it hard to break down.

So hopefully, it will make it more challenging to defend the seats for NAM-PF, allow the NPP to do better in the 2 main urban regions (Mumbzongwe & Esimatenga) and allow the NNF to get a seat or 2 in Lukdazi, and hopefully not let the DCN do too well! I'll try it out tomorrow and see if it's the way i want it.

Thank-you greatly! And I look forward to the new version of Nyarai.

NYARAI 2008 GENERAL ELECTION

Election Day: Friday 21st of July 2000 (2008?)

17.00 pm: first results coming in from the NorthEastern most province of Tukgani. NAM-PF was expecting a comfortable win, even here with an 11% lead according to the latest polls.

This was one of DCN's strongest provinces, with a chance of returning 2 representatives, and they absolutely need to win this to have any credibility whatsoever... Let's see what happens.

tukganiedit.png (sorry I messed this up - had to edit picture 'cos I forgot to take the screen shot initially and looking after gives the final seat totals at the bottom..)

A 4% lead! And 7 out of the 8 incumbent seats contested!!

So far not bad.. but it was there best hope after all - can they repeat the performance in a weaker province?

17.15 pm: Ijaro

ijaro.png

With a slim 8,000 vote lead in the province...

NAM-PF 3, DCN 4

17.30 pm: Umsfingora

umsfingora.png

Unfortunately it seems the DCN liberals' luck is running out...

NAM-PF 8, DCN 4

17.45 pm: Gwemyembo

gwemyembo.png

But they're back in Gwemyembo! (was one of my weakest provinces I expected to lose)

NAM-PF 4, DCN 7

18.00 pm: Lukdazi

lukdazi.png

NAM-PF 3, DCN 8

18.15 pm: Chundeni

chundeni.png

NAM-PF 8, DCN 9

18.30 pm: Mumzongwe

mumzongwe.png

NAM-PF 7, DCN 5, NPP 2

18.45 pm: Esimatenga

This is the crucial province... DCN strategists, maybe ignorantly concentrated the bulk of their efforts in this one province, the most populous (guessing it's the capital). At the last poll they were still 13% behind... Now, with 6 seats left to gain power, will the effort have paid off?

esimatenga.png

NAM-PF 11, DCN 9

victorynkg.png

Love this scenario Treasurer! I haven't had a challenge like this with this game for a long time, and half way through really didn't believe I could make it! Events helped a little but seeing the first (Tukgeni) result was a huge positive surprise! The background through the news clippings adds a lot to the urgency of winning.

The fact the last poll is 5 days before the election also adds to the tension.

Nyarai 2000 has now been updated. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7OB85D2O

Dr abc, i'm delighted you really liked the scenario, and that it has worked a treat. I am already considering a follow-up, based on either previous or next (non-corrupt) election. I already know how they will go.

In this update, i think i may've hit the nail on the head by making it more challenging for the DCN, at the same time playing as the other parties a little less redundant. Here is my game as the DCN from the new update. In the initial version, i won with 54 seats, but with certain regions much harder to draw seats (Ijaro, Umsfingora & Gwemyembo to a degree) from, i still did well, but LOST by one seat to NAM-PF. I could've travelled more to Lukazi, as it has slightly more undecideds, so it's winnable.

15-06-200915-41-03.jpg

Other changes in this version, whilst playing as other parties:

Playing as NAM-PF - Computer controlled DCN & NPP make more inroads. Esimatenga very difficult to hold onto.

Playing as NPP - Are still an out of favour party, but 1 or 2 regions are winnable, Mumbzongwe definetely is.

Playing as NNF - You can win 1 seat, and possibly 1 more in Lukdazi, but must win 1 endorser to get access to ads.

I thought issue centers could vary more than they do.

And how about regional endorsers? They always make things more interesting for minor parties.

I'll give the new version a try as NPP

You mean varying issue centers via events? I don't really use that option, as i like the events more fixed.

I did think initially about having quite a few more endorsers, but i felt the 4 to play for were adequate enough in the interests of the minor parties in the end. I'll give it some consideration though, as when playing as the NNF, it does take some time to be endorsed once, so perhaps with an endorser leaning decided for them, it might make things easier.

I'll try my best to re-find them again.

Njabulo Naykutse is Benjamin Mkapa, President of Tanzania 1995-2005

Jabu Chiwira is Asha-Rose Mtengeti Migiro, a Tanzania policitan and lawyer, now Deputy Secretary-General of the United Nations.

President Bhekizizwe Sikara is the first president of Tanzania, Julius Kambarage Nyerere, who died in 1999.

Chenzira Bengono of the DCN, is the current president of Congo, Joseph Kabila.

NPP leader Dakarai Makhulu is the current president of South Africa, Kgalema Motlanthe.

NNF leader Arend Van Heerden is former wrestler/actor Tom Lister, Jr.

Having trouble finding the remainder.

I'm sure the NAM-PF Vice President was a member of the ZANU-PF party in Zimbabwe.

2 scenarios for the price of 1. I also managed to finish or re-complete United Kingdom 2008 - The Tory Fightback, new and improved, with slight issue changes, more events and better candidate photos. Go to the first page for the downloads. Having problems with megaupload so used another.

England 2015 is complete. The fortunes for some candidates are variable due to their attributes when you start the game, but i have also put in extra events(1 event for a candidate to hit a weak (negative) or strong (positive) candidate. Some candidates (Miliband & Cameron, the top candidates) are not affected by these events, and are only affected by the normal events, through out the campaign, which slightly favour the Lab-Lib Alliance.

A good first play combination would be Miliband vs Cameron, or Cable vs Hague (the 2 strongest candidates), although if your going for one of the minor parties, that doesn't matter.

You'll notice William Hague has 10 Million+ pounds unlike the others, who have 9 million more, this is because of the attribute, he was too strong and could defeat Cable in a landslide, but you will see what i mean i the screenshots i show you, of him against a weak candidate.

Here are screenshots to give you a gist of the strong/steady/weak candidates, and how they stand at the very begining of the game, based on attributes:

Boris Johnson (Con, Steady/strong) vs. Jack Straw (Steady = no candidate events affect him)

johnstraw.jpg

Liam Fox (Weak) vs. Vince Cable (Strong)

cabfox.jpg

William Hague (Strong) vs. Brian Paddick (Weak)

hagpad.jpg

Liam Fox (Weak) vs. Brian Paddick (Weak)

foxpad.jpg

Hope you like the scenarios.

Treasurer, I'm currently preparing for a linked set of scenarios detailing a near- to a bit further-future story arc. I've started with a few P4E+P2008 scenarios, but plan to expand from there (hence the expanded EU map I asked you for, for one). May I use your England 2015 and possibly Scotland 2015 scenarios, and their backstory, as part of my stroy arc? You'll be given credit, of course.

Germany 1990 is now up. See also my Germany 1990 thread in the German Forum. This is the not the final copy as, i have still to fill in, less than half candidate names for elected members, and the rest will be made-up German names. You'll find alot of people in this called Robin Cook! There may also be more gameplay tweaks, as i have test-played it, but i have put in more events in since then, and it looks ok on space-barring. This is for Chancellor Forever.

Labour leadership 1976 election and Padstoddington- 2009, the MONSTER scenario is complete. Go to first page for links.

Just to explain, i also thought it was interesting to make a CFE version for Padstoddington - 2009. Goals have been set and differ from each version.

Padstoddington consists of 70 constituencies, for which is the maximum amount that can be used in the game, but i never checked it with 71. Anyway, tthe 3 main cities are Kearsdon, Penkgate and Todhall Green. I used varying seats name from the generic "South East" "North West" to more classical names including "Exchange" along with fictional and real names of various cities in Britain. Penkgate is modelled on a Labour dominated Liverpool, (or even Glasgow), Todhall Green is modelled on Manchester/Newcastle/East London and Kearsdon is modelled on London/Birmingham. There are many towns, and a few coastal ones. The biggest towns are Holdsworth, a Tory stronghold, could be modelled on Chester but with some strong UKIP rivaly. Other large towns include Ipton, a working class town outside Penkgate, and Gillsby a Liberal-Tory town modelled on the South West, say Cornwall. Then there is the interesting town of Longcliffe, where 3 seats were held by 3 different parties in the 2005 elections, a very varied demographic town. Rural constituencies can consist from group of small villages or towns.

I have to say it's a little hard, and that's why you have to use the ads wisely in this campaign, as you may only have 3 bites of the cherry if you are UKIP. the fundraising is weak and there are no second chances.

For events, to keep this very long campaign interesting, there is a almost weekly event that will give or take momentum, most are poll-orientated in the first few weeks. However 6 weeks down the line, there is then the conference season. This would be an ideal scenario to perform the conference season, as in RL British politcs, the conference season is months away from a general election, actually it is the conference season now, and the election will (most likely, be in May)be months away. Each conference lasts for 5 days and vary in their success, and the next conference turns up the following Friday, here is the order they come in, and how they will perform:

UKIP: OK, nothing special

Lib Dem: Strong all the way through

Labour: Stuttering start but ends with a flourish

Conservatives: Positive all the way through, large momentum

The next major events to happen is the manifesto launches, and this begins with 2 weeks to go, with Labour's manifesto and so on every few days.

If you are a Liberal, and you like the Lib Dems, then your trump card is Arthur Chesworth(3rd choice canddiate with the photo of Clement Freud, a former Liberal MP himself). This can turn the election into a 3-way, if done correctly. He steals much of Labour's bounce. As for other candidates, the female Labour and Tory candidates are relatively weaker than the other 2, both due to inexperience or mismanagement.

Labour Leadership 1976: This is more advanced and complicated than the previous Tory 1990 one, where there was only 4 candidates. This is also quite hard to pull off if your not James Callaghan. Yes you can win as Michael Foot. Usually when you should start the game, Michael Foot should be ahead. Can you win with 3rd place Jenkins? Don't think it's possible against computer controlled opponents, i came close to second place but in too many regions his vote is low. Lower end candidates can do best in their home regions, whether they were born or have their seat there, but the bottom 3 will be a struggle to keep their home regions. Tony Crosland is only strong in very local regions he was born in or currently sits as an MP there, so he does well in Sussex and Humberside, but fails to grab the region as a whole according to his vote share in the poll.

Although in RL, it is seperated into 3 rounds, but as that is not possible in the game, it is an almaganation of the first to the last but still with all 6 candidates. Where Foot leads slightly, (but sometimes Callaghan due to closeness of vote, and the randomization nature of the game) and most times Callaghan will take the lead thanks to endorsers and one event.

I'll begin work on the logos for Patine and Matvail2002 now.

Just to explain, i also thought it was interesting to make a CFE version for Padstoddington - 2009. Goals have been set and differ from each version.

Padstoddington consists of 70 constituencies, for which is the maximum amount that can be used in the game, but i never checked it with 71. Anyway, tthe 3 main cities are Kearsdon, Penkgate and Todhall Green. I used varying seats name from the generic "South East" "North West" to more classical names including "Exchange" along with fictional and real names of various cities in Britain. Penkgate is modelled on a Labour dominated Liverpool, (or even Glasgow), Todhall Green is modelled on Manchester/Newcastle/East London and Kearsdon is modelled on London/Birmingham. There are many towns, and a few coastal ones. The biggest towns are Holdsworth, a Tory stronghold, could be modelled on Chester but with some strong UKIP rivaly. Other large towns include Ipton, a working class town outside Penkgate, and Gillsby a Liberal-Tory town modelled on the South West, say Cornwall. Then there is the interesting town of Longcliffe, where 3 seats were held by 3 different parties in the 2005 elections, a very varied demographic town. Rural constituencies can consist from group of small villages or towns.

I have to say it's a little hard, and that's why you have to use the ads wisely in this campaign, as you may only have 3 bites of the cherry if you are UKIP. the fundraising is weak and there are no second chances.

For events, to keep this very long campaign interesting, there is a almost weekly event that will give or take momentum, most are poll-orientated in the first few weeks. However 6 weeks down the line, there is then the conference season. This would be an ideal scenario to perform the conference season, as in RL British politcs, the conference season is months away from a general election, actually it is the conference season now, and the election will (most likely, be in May)be months away. Each conference lasts for 5 days and vary in their success, and the next conference turns up the following Friday, here is the order they come in, and how they will perform:

UKIP: OK, nothing special

Lib Dem: Strong all the way through

Labour: Stuttering start but ends with a flourish

Conservatives: Positive all the way through, large momentum

The next major events to happen is the manifesto launches, and this begins with 2 weeks to go, with Labour's manifesto and so on every few days.

If you are a Liberal, and you like the Lib Dems, then your trump card is Arthur Chesworth(3rd choice canddiate with the photo of Clement Freud, a former Liberal MP himself). This can turn the election into a 3-way, if done correctly. He steals much of Labour's bounce. As for other candidates, the female Labour and Tory candidates are relatively weaker than the other 2, both due to inexperience or mismanagement.

Labour Leadership 1976: This is more advanced and complicated than the previous Tory 1990 one, where there was only 4 candidates. This is also quite hard to pull off if your not James Callaghan. Yes you can win as Michael Foot. Usually when you should start the game, Michael Foot should be ahead. Can you win with 3rd place Jenkins? Don't think it's possible against computer controlled opponents, i came close to second place but in too many regions his vote is low. Lower end candidates can do best in their home regions, whether they were born or have their seat there, but the bottom 3 will be a struggle to keep their home regions. Tony Crosland is only strong in very local regions he was born in or currently sits as an MP there, so he does well in Sussex and Humberside, but fails to grab the region as a whole according to his vote share in the poll.

Although in RL, it is seperated into 3 rounds, but as that is not possible in the game, it is an almaganation of the first to the last but still with all 6 candidates. Where Foot leads slightly, (but sometimes Callaghan due to closeness of vote, and the randomization nature of the game) and most times Callaghan will take the lead thanks to endorsers and one event.

I'll begin work on the logos for Patine and Matvail2002 now.

Padstoddington is a neat idea, though I'd give a bit of advice. First, maybe make one or the other of the Labour or Tories' weak candidate male, so as not to appear to be slagging women (though, admittedly, the Lib Dem default leader is quite strong and female). I might also think adding the Greens or Nationals to the mix as a spoiler party might be neat, though not necassary (especially given in the CFE version, you wouldn't need to flip to see them). And, I'm not sure two massive media-linked areas is quite attractive, but it does tell you the demographic of the region, certainly. I'm going to give this a full try as the Lib Dems, and report with some feedback.

Padstoddington is a neat idea, though I'd give a bit of advice. First, maybe make one or the other of the Labour or Tories' weak candidate male, so as not to appear to be slagging women (though, admittedly, the Lib Dem default leader is quite strong and female). I might also think adding the Greens or Nationals to the mix as a spoiler party might be neat, though not necassary (especially given in the CFE version, you wouldn't need to flip to see them). And, I'm not sure two massive media-linked areas is quite attractive, but it does tell you the demographic of the region, certainly. I'm going to give this a full try as the Lib Dems, and report with some feedback.

It wasn't the intention to slag off women, it was also due to both candidates inexperience, as the Tory candidate may get better and progress if the fictional line continued. Included 2 female candidates for the Lib Dems to make up for being outnumbered in other 3. Bad habit of mines, i always veer female candidates to Liberal parties. Anyway, media regions are split into 3, i wanted people to make more use of ground activities like Policy Speeches and debates etc. I didn't want to fragment the vote too much, so opted for 4 parties, preferring UKIP to the Greens, and a chance to see UKIP in a stronger position, having seats and such. I'll leave at putting in a fifth party, as this was only a small project, but thanks for your views.

Oh, and also, in the files, there is a list of English first names and surnames, if anybody wants to use them for an future fictional scenarios, they're welcome to it.

Just wondering, who are in the pictures of the leaders in real life?

Candidates are a mixture of mainstream and lesser-known politicians, along with people famed from TV or film and sport.

Melinda Passmore (Lib Dem) is Councillor Christine Paine, a member of Hawkesbury City Council situated in New South Wales, Australia.

Fiona Blenkinsop (UKIP) is Councillor Karen Stintz, for ward 16 in Toronto.

James Kendall (Con) is Councillor Thomas Beckett, member of Lisburn city council in Northern Ireland.

Terrence Wells (Lab) is Michael Heseltine, Conservative MP.

Keith Dalton (Lab) is Terry Venables who is indeed a former footballer but never been a politician. Used to manage the England soccer team, and is now a TV pundit.

Eleanor Readman (Lab) is Hollywood actress Anjelica Huston.

Ramsey Whittingham (Con) is Jeremy Paxman, a tough Political interviewer associated with BBC2's "Newsnight" for many years. Comes across as someone who would vote Conservative but suprisingly doesn't, as he doesn't nail himself to any political party and has regarded himself as a socialist in the past, according to Wikipedia. Take that with a pinch of salt, if you may.

Sally Glover (Con) is an obscure Scottish TV presenter named Sally Gray from the 90's presenting Children's programmes who is rarely seen on TV nowadays.

Lucia Meades (Libdem) is Caroline Flint, a former cabinet minister and current Labour MP.

Owen Sargeant (UKIP) is a famous, former Chat show host in the UK called Michael Parkinson.

Arthur Chesworth (Libdem) is Clement Freud, former Liberal MP in the Cambridge region, East Anglia. Is grandson of the famous Sigmund Freud and the brother of artist Lucian Freud. He died only a few months ago.

Victor Jowitt (UKIP) is Scottish actor Richard Wilson. In the photo he is posing as the role he is most known for, sitcom character "Victor Meldrew" from the series "One Foot in the Grave".