Treasurer of the PC's New Scenario's  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the scenario's

• Great
    • Very Good
    • Good
    • OK
    • Bad

I'm getting an error on it: U.K. Independence Party is not a valid floating point value. This is playing as Conservative as the game is trying to load.

I have exactly the same error message.

• Upvote 1

If for instance, all the small parties and independents can be and are grouped under a generic 4th party called 'others' it does not prevent anyone playing a smaller party, so long as each of the small parties becomes a party leader option. The only limitation would be in those ridings where more than one '4th party' candidate is standing. Despite this, I think it makes playing a smaller party more enjoyable.

Check that "U.K Independence" is in all sections including the party notepad, regions candidates running, and electorate trends etc. I'm having some connection problems right now, and i don't when i'll finish the by election one.

Northern Ireland - Normalisation, now completed. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SWW4585Q I'm not using Rapidshare anymore because of the 10 times download limit,

Got a bit bored, but added in a few more candidates, and unique platforms for each candidate, as well as varying primary, secondary values.

Added James Callaghan & Peter Robinson for Labour, Nick Clegg & David Steel for Liberal Democrats and Adams/Durkan, Adams/Hume and Martin McGuiness for Sinn Fein/SDLP Alliance.

EDIT: I also forgot to say, i hope to release "Anarchy in the UK!"(one i said could pop up anytime) by Christmas, as a sort of Christmas present? There's still plenty to be done on that though.

I'm getting an error on it: U.K. Independence Party is not a valid floating point value. This is playing as Conservative as the game is trying to load.

I have the same error message also in the new version!

• Upvote 1

OK, don't get too excited but i may have the answer! I realised both UKIP and Conservative are both switched on as incumbents (1). Go to the UKIP party file in the "parties" folder, replace 1 with a 0 under incumbent!

Crewe and Nantwich is up for download. All that needs to be done is add in more events, but can you tell me if it plays well, so i'll know not to make events with too big momentum? Spacebarring through it, it seems Labour can make some gains, so it might be testing enough.

Finished the Events and put in appropiate goals for the main parties for Crewe & Nantwich, updated link here and in first post. Please test. I suppose there were no complaints from the event-less version, so events only have a pos/neg momentum value of 1.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=B3WGLEZP

Because it's suppoesed to be realistic, and Labour didn't have a chance in the end as it was a massive swing for the Conservatives in the end result and with the negative campaigning, and UK's disillusionment with them at the time as well. So it's an achievement in itself for Labour to win 8 wards in Crewe, and if you can, a seat elsewhere, even though the Tories will still be ahead.

Yes, i would say it is in theory, it was a Labour seat, people were maybe thinking there's a good chance of a Labour hold, but when it becomes to by-elections, sometimes voters will throw all political allegiances out of the window if they're unhappy with their ruling party, and use it as a protest vote, and in these large swings to Tories or the Lib Dems in recent years, there is no stopping it. However, there is this unpredictability factor in by-elections, all i'm doing is projecting the final result, save the percentage of the undecideds. Now what you can do is increase the undecided vote. I gave Crewe the highest undecided vote, but for some reason in the actual game it doesn't look that way, so it's not perfect.

Matvail2002, I have Glasgow East on my list, but i will not get started on it until next year. I'm not doing Howden, but Newbury 1993 is something like it, for it's large number of candidates.

The "Win Favour with Labour" Scenario is complete and you can say it's a Christmas present from me :). Got to the first page to see a preview and the download link. I think this is the first time the map is a building, rather than a country,region, state.

It's past midnight over here now, so what the hey. Also, if you want "Anarchy in the UK!" which is unfinished but still playable, just post your email here. Everything is finished such as the large number of endorsers (20+) apart from a few regions needing their ridings done and adding in more candidates. I have one candidate for all 12 parties, but hoping to have alot more. Also, i hope your not easily offended, lol. Regions needing their riding done are:

Orange Tangerine Enthusiasts Peeling Happily (East N. Ireland)

Farmers, just Farmers (South West)

That Really Important Bit(London)

Toffs...and Slappers (South East)

Surprise! Didn't plan it, but it's been hanging about for long enough. It's simply the UK 2005 scenario, but using the map i made, and exact figures for the finances the parties used.

Anarchy in the UK! is on the whole, complete. I ran out of time adding in more candidates, there's only 2 for each party. Also, alot of the candidate names are the same, but it doesn't really add anything to the game really. I've fitted in featured candidates on the ridings somewhere. I might come back to this some day, but not for now.

Win Favour with the Tories - Career 1st Level is now complete. Feedback is welcome as usual. I'll start work on Kanchelska tomorrow, plus the 1987 election scenario i need to update soon, the gameplay is atrocious if you play as the Tories. It's too easy! If you want to do it yourself though, i would lower the momentum for the newspapers and issues considerably, lose some regions. I'll have that done by the time of my next scenario release.

Kanchelska 2008 i've completed now. I put in in most of GOPProgressives issue stances and kept some of Matvail's. Also, i've updated UK- 1987, the gameplay should be better now. Hopefully, i'll have Norwich City Council finished by end of the month, shouldn't take too long, i've already done the map.

Wow, that's really quick!

Would it be possible for you to email me Kamchalka at hfrancisco2006@gmail.com?

I'm using university internet and megaupload is sadly blocked..

Norwich City Council 2008 is complete, however another version is going to be released. Why? Because in this actual election, only a third of the seats were in play, so 1 seat per ward here. The other version will be enhanced, where all 39 seats (3 each ward) will be in play. I just need to add in a few extra candidates. There are another 2 councils like this, which i will do the same for. I'll edit this post when it's finished.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5WSFBURC

EDIT: I've completed the enhanced version. Can't seem to upload on megaupload, so i'm using rapidshare for now.

http://rapidshare.com/files/190622830/Norw...n_2008.zip.html