270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Patine

A New Idea

Here's a new idea I'm throwing in the air. I may or may not do this, but it's an idea. It assumes in the War of 1812, New England actually seceded from the US mid-war and joined the British. Now we fast-forward to the 2006 election, and Canada has six new provinces to add to the mix in the election. Also, I thought, because they're from New England in RL, I'd add John Kerry and Joe Biden as alternative Liberal leaders, Joe Lieberman as an alternative Conservative one (maybe Mitt Romney, but I'm not sure he's FROM New England), and Ralph Nader as the alternative to Jim Harris in the Green Party. Just an idea. Any comments or anyone interested in doing it.

• Upvote 1

Here's a new idea I'm throwing in the air. I may or may not do this, but it's an idea. It assumes in the War of 1812, New England actually seceded from the US mid-war and joined the British. Now we fast-forward to the 2006 election, and Canada has six new provinces to add to the mix in the election. Also, I thought, because they're from New England in RL, I'd add John Kerry and Joe Biden as alternative Liberal leaders, Joe Lieberman as an alternative Conservative one (maybe Mitt Romney, but I'm not sure he's FROM New England), and Ralph Nader as the alternative to Jim Harris in the Green Party. Just an idea. Any comments or anyone interested in doing it.

romney is from michigan

and i d like to help but not make the scenario

romney is from michigan

and i d like to help but not make the scenario

Mitts from Massechutes (sp?). He was governor there after all. Good scenario idea.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the support!

The two hardest parts are 1) Finding or making a map of just Canada and New England (maybe a map of Canada which includes the border regions of the US and trim off all but New England), and 2) dividing New England into consituencies (each of the six provinces (by this scenario, anyways) would have more than they have Congressional Districts in the US, and Canadian ridings are named after local geographical landmarks, not numbered), each with candidates for each appropriate party. After this, while still challenging, it gets a bit easier.

• Upvote 1

Just take the map from ultimate north america and leave the rest of the us blank. Are you gonna do a sister scenario of a us election w/o NE.

• Upvote 1

That may be an idea. A US election (either '04 and/or '08) without Liberman, Biden, Kerry, Nader, and Romney in the running may well turn out differently (especially in the case of Kerry in '04 and Romney in '08). And certainly the primaries without the New Hampshire primary would have a different feel, if nothing else.

• Upvote 1

So he lives in Mass. Bush was born Conneticut but who doesn't consider him Texan?

But Texas and Connecticut are in the same country. In this scenario, Michigan and Massachusetts are in different nations.

By the way, I don't consider Bush a Texan. Born in Connecticut, educated at Yale - the man's no cowboy. Passing the son of a President off as the down-to-earth good ol' boy is one of the most amazing feats in American political history.

But Texas and Connecticut are in the same country. In this scenario, Michigan and Massachusetts are in different nations.

Admittedly, in this scenario, Texas and Conneticut would also be in different nations, but, if this situation were the case, no doubt Bush, sr. would not be having or educating children in Conneticut; we can assume W would be born in another state and attend another ivy league university.

• Upvote 1