270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Patine

Georgia 2010 and Washington 2008

I have. Works great so far. No problems that I could find yet.

If anything comes up I'll let you know.

PS - I'd still like to get 1848 and 1860 working. Let me know if I can help with those in any way.

Thanks for the playtest, Darkmoon. Any specific comments on the scenario of note.

I plan to take some time and get 1848 working and finish 1860. I hope sooner rather than later.

Thanks for the playtest, Darkmoon. Any specific comments on the scenario of note.

I plan to take some time and get 1848 working and finish 1860. I hope sooner rather than later.

Yes, I took another look and found a few things to comment on.

-In the General Election, both the Green nominee and Tudor start out with 0% everywhere. They should at least start at 0.1% like everyone else. I don't know if you were trying to emulate Washington's new weird primary system, but only these two candidates are at 0% in the GE.

-A two-way race between Gregoire and Rossi should be a lot closer. Gregoire starts out with a 9-point lead on August 20th, even though polls around that time showed the race essentially tied. I could see her having a much slimmer lead.

On that note, here are some countywide changes that would help trim Gregoire's lead:

-Mason County should be closer - Rossi barely won it on election day, yet in this scenario Gregoire is 15 points ahead there.

-Wahkiakum County should lean more towards Rossi. He won it by 16 points. Yet here it's a toss-up.

-Asotin County went for Rossi 56-43, yet in this scenario Gregoire is ahead by 5 points.

-In Shonomish County, Gregoire won by only 5 points, yet she's ahead by 18 in the scenario.

-Greys Harbor County has Gregoire with a 17-point lead, and she only won by 7.

-Pacific County has Gregoire ahead by 18, and in 2008 she only won it by 5.

-In Cowlitz County, Rossi won by 7 points, yet here Gregoire is up by 8.

-Island County barely went to Gregoire, yet here she's up by 17.

Really though, the scenario is very good. I really had to research and nitpick to find anything I would change about it. Hope this helps.

Yes, I took another look and found a few things to comment on.

-In the General Election, both the Green nominee and Tudor start out with 0% everywhere. They should at least start at 0.1% like everyone else. I don't know if you were trying to emulate Washington's new weird primary system, but only these two candidates are at 0% in the GE.

-A two-way race between Gregoire and Rossi should be a lot closer. Gregoire starts out with a 9-point lead on August 20th, even though polls around that time showed the race essentially tied. I could see her having a much slimmer lead.

On that note, here are some countywide changes that would help trim Gregoire's lead:

-Mason County should be closer - Rossi barely won it on election day, yet in this scenario Gregoire is 15 points ahead there.

-Wahkiakum County should lean more towards Rossi. He won it by 16 points. Yet here it's a toss-up.

-Asotin County went for Rossi 56-43, yet in this scenario Gregoire is ahead by 5 points.

-In Shonomish County, Gregoire won by only 5 points, yet she's ahead by 18 in the scenario.

-Greys Harbor County has Gregoire with a 17-point lead, and she only won by 7.

-Pacific County has Gregoire ahead by 18, and in 2008 she only won it by 5.

-In Cowlitz County, Rossi won by 7 points, yet here Gregoire is up by 8.

-Island County barely went to Gregoire, yet here she's up by 17.

Really though, the scenario is very good. I really had to research and nitpick to find anything I would change about it. Hope this helps.

It does indeed. I'll get to work on fixing these issues so it's more accurate. I really don't know why Tudor and the Greens are 0% everywhere in the GE; it's not because I tried to model the weird primaries, because I didn't; I gave up on trying to as it don't work at all in the P4E+P engine.

Okay, while 1789 and 1824 are bugged for the moment, I've decided to finish up some other scenarios I have floating around, mostly done. The finished version of United States 1848 is in it's own thread on the last post, and I plan to submit it soon. I've now addressed some issues with Washington 2008, and here's my current (hopefully final) version. Please download it and let me know what you think.

http://drop.io/agq9giy#

Okay, while 1789 and 1824 are bugged for the moment, I've decided to finish up some other scenarios I have floating around, mostly done. The finished version of United States 1848 is in it's own thread on the last post, and I plan to submit it soon. I've now addressed some issues with Washington 2008, and here's my current (hopefully final) version. Please download it and let me know what you think.

http://drop.io/agq9giy#

The countywide issues I noticed have been fixed - they're much closer to the actual result. Gregoire still starts out ahead by about 9 points, but with 20% undecided, it's not really a big deal.

Tudor and the Greens still start at 0%, however. Very strange.

In regards to the mysterious error, you forgot to add general election percentages to the Green and Tudor Parties, thereby forcing them to start at zero in the general election.

Also, all the candidates makes too much money. I lowered the fundraising coefficent to 100, and the new numbers look realistic to me.

In regards to the mysterious error, you forgot to add general election percentages to the Green and Tudor Parties, thereby forcing them to start at zero in the general election.

Also, all the candidates makes too much money. I lowered the fundraising coefficent to 100, and the new numbers look realistic to me.

Thank-you very much! That should fix the last two issues. Here's the next (again, hopefully final) iteration of Washington 2008. Feel free to try it and comment.

http://drop.io/tphmjew#

Thank-you very much! That should fix the last two issues. Here's the next (again, hopefully final) iteration of Washington 2008. Feel free to try it and comment.

http://drop.io/tphmjew#

Works very well. None of the candidates are at zero any more, and Gregoire's lead is a slimmer 5-6 points now.

Works very well. None of the candidates are at zero any more, and Gregoire's lead is a slimmer 5-6 points now.

Awesome! Now onto getting United States 1996 working as intended.

I wish someone would do Texas, NY or Florida!

If only I had the time; they all look real ding-dang-doos.

Someone has done a New York Gubernatorial 2010 scenario as well as a Florida Senatorial 2010 scenario.

The Florida scenario is a little outdated, since it has Alex Sink and Jeb Bush in the race, neither of whom are running for the Senate.

I wish someone would do Texas, NY or Florida!

If only I had the time; they all look real ding-dang-doos.

NY has been done. Check the TheorySpark list of submitted scenarios.

NY has been done. Check the TheorySpark list of submitted scenarios.

NY Senatorial I should have said, Gillibrand vs Ford vs potentially Pataki in the GE.

and FL Sen: Crist vs Rubio in the GOP primary

• Upvote 1

Here's my latest update of Washington gubernatorial 2008, using a more accurate county-by-county GE percentage scheme (which I got from the same source as those in my Washington Senate 2010 scenario) and more accurate minor candidate percentages, however low they may be.

http://drop.io/fpx0pax