270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Patine

Georgia 2010 and Washington 2008

Ok I looked all over this inside Campaigns Forever. No errors shown, BUT when you look at the issue centers' national profiles, you go down the list and you get those errors. I tried swapping around the issues in listing and it did not fix it. I even tried changing one issue to see if it would fix it and it still had not.

If you would like, I could work on this as you work on other scenarios? I only have Florida 2010 and possibly a few others I have not decided to finish for 2010 because of a lack of polling. Since this is a 2008 election this can be replicated.

Ok I looked all over this inside Campaigns Forever. No errors shown, BUT when you look at the issue centers' national profiles, you go down the list and you get those errors. I tried swapping around the issues in listing and it did not fix it. I even tried changing one issue to see if it would fix it and it still had not.

If you would like, I could work on this as you work on other scenarios? I only have Florida 2010 and possibly a few others I have not decided to finish for 2010 because of a lack of polling. Since this is a 2008 election this can be replicated.

Thanks for having a look at this. I'll see if I can make some kind of headway adjusting issue centres myself. Though please continue trying yourself. If neither of us can fix it, I'll send it into TheorySpark (a daunting proposition, as I STILL haven't gotten back US 1848, yet).

Yea, 1848 was a similar problem. Just wondering, but are you using the most recent Campaigns Forever? (Figured I'd ask before they ask)

I am with Washington, but wasn't from the start (upgraded mid-creation). I wasn't for 1848.

Patine, I found no problem with your scenario which seems very good, however, I would maybe consider sending it to 80soft as they would maybe be able to find your problem.

• Upvote 1

I did it! I fixed the scenario! I just redid the issues entirely (mostly from copying and pasting stances, but I corrected a few mistakes and even swapped out an issue that's pretty much strictly federal jurisdiction anyways (Social Security) for one that was actually apparently relevant to the campaign; that is, the right of pharmacists to deny a prescription, notably birth control pills and STD/HIV vaccines, for religious reasons, or not). I now have to redo every party and candidate's platform, but that shouldn't be too hard. Progress can now continue!

When I tried to fix the issues, I tried changing one or two. One that I put in was "Initiative 1000", it was quite the issue in 2008. Gregoire would be a centrist on this as she said she would not take a stand on the issue.

Far-Left: The right to Physician Assisted suicide is a fundamental right.

Left: The ease for the ill to have assisted euthanasia is their right.

Center-Left: Oregon's Death with Dignity Act has shown to have beneficial effects for the patient and their families.

Center: Seems like a worthy issue that the voters will decide, and I will stand by it.

Center-Right: I think what has developed in Oregon is proof that this is not a good idea.

Right: We do not need to empower family members or doctors to decide the patients fate. Say no to legalized murder.

Far-Right: Only God can end lives, not man. Nothing should be done, this is the next Roe v. Wade.

This is great news!

When you are finished, please send me a copy of it. You know my e-mail.

BTW, one thing that I like about your scenario is the many candidates that are available. Just for fun, I would like to see Bill Gates off for the GOP with quasi unlimited funds.

Are you interested on working on a Ohio or Alaska scenario after that? These are good states that were not made yet and a map is available for both of them.

• Upvote 1

When I tried to fix the issues, I tried changing one or two. One that I put in was "Initiative 1000", it was quite the issue in 2008. Gregoire would be a centrist on this as she said she would not take a stand on the issue.

Far-Left: The right to Physician Assisted suicide is a fundamental right.

Left: The ease for the ill to have assisted euthanasia is their right.

Center-Left: Oregon's Death with Dignity Act has shown to have beneficial effects for the patient and their families.

Center: Seems like a worthy issue that the voters will decide, and I will stand by it.

Center-Right: I think what has developed in Oregon is proof that this is not a good idea.

Right: We do not need to empower family members or doctors to decide the patients fate. Say no to legalized murder.

Far-Right: Only God can end lives, not man. Nothing should be done, this is the next Roe v. Wade.

That's a good issue! I've just added it in place of Immigration, another almost strictly federal jurisdiction.

This is great news!

When you are finished, please send me a copy of it. You know my e-mail.

BTW, one thing that I like about your scenario is the many candidates that are available. Just for fun, I would like to see Bill Gates off for the GOP with quasi unlimited funds.

Are you interested on working on a Ohio or Alaska scenario after that? These are good states that were not made yet and a map is available for both of them.

I'd planned Georgia next, but I may take up Alaska, too, though probably 2006 instead of 2010.

Okay, as an update, all of the candidates are done, including the three Third Party and two non-partisan candidates, and I'm doing endorsers now. I've found a great site listing all the daily papers in Washington, what county they're in, and a link to their website.

Just wondering, who is included as a third party candidate?

Will you also add television station in Seattle, Olympia, Tacoma and Spokane?

There were three Third Party candidates: Will Baker of the Reform Party, Duff Badgley of the Green Party, and James White of the American Independent Party. There were also two non-partisan (called that, and not independent, because of an American Independent candidate and because at the county level in Washington the term non-partisan is extensively used) candidates: Chris Tudor and Mohammed Hasan Said.

And, yes, I may include such TV stations, as endorsers and/or interviewers.

Here's the playtest beta of Washington 2008 for anyone who wants to try it. Feedback is welcomed and encouraged!

As a designer's note, unless you're a stickler for historical accuracy, I highly reccomend turning one a few off-by-default Democratic and GOP candidates in the primaries; it makes the primaries much more interesting (the RL primaries for both parties were a real snoozer). Anyways, whatever you choose in that regard, enjoy!

http://drop.io/2pfifed#

• Upvote 1

Wow! 2-and-a-half days without a single post in all of the Scenario Creation forums! That must be a record (though a very negative one). Anyways, has anyone tried my Washington 2008 scenario, yet. Just to remind you, the link to get it is in the previous post. Let me know what you think!

I will say, it is abit too easy to gain momentum, as well as that other Democrat that is turned on, is polling a little too high from what I noticed.

I did indeed notice in my playtest that everyone (and I was playing with all candidates on) racked up high momentums regularly quite easily. I'm not sure what I've done to allow or enable that. Any ideas?

I've found I may have enabled far too easy fundraising. Every candidate in my test game (and I had everyone on) and in a friend of mine's was raising tens of millions of dollars and gaining massive momentum from advertising; even the Third Party and non-partisan canddiates were raking in much more dough than is realistic for such candidates. I'll have to look into fixing that. Has anyone noticed any other flaws, or good points, or anything? Please, someone post...

Any other comments or criticisms, or is this pretty much a decent scenario other than the overly high momentums and fundraising?

Ok take a zero away from each candidate's funds. Or make things cost more. And realistically, those little guys only have $10k at most for funds.

Any idea how to fix graphics that don't go with a Governor scenario, like the presidential seal, VEEP logo, or any reference to President-to be? Trying to finish upmy Colorado Governor 2010.

Here's my Washington scenario again (I was quite busy lately) with the bug where Washington gubernatorial candidates were outspending presidential candidates fixed. Please download it and let me know what you think.

http://drop.io/0wqu1sa#

Has anyone tried this new version, yet?

I have. Works great so far. No problems that I could find yet.

If anything comes up I'll let you know.

PS - I'd still like to get 1848 and 1860 working. Let me know if I can help with those in any way.