270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Patine

Georgia 2010 and Washington 2008

I thought I'd make a thread now, as I do plan on getting to these. These two states are the only ones whose politics I'm really familiar with at all. We'll start with candidates:

GEORGIA

Republican Governor Sonny Perdue is term-restricted and cannot run again.

Democrats

-Attorney General Thurbert Baker

-US Representative Sanford Bishop

-Atlanta trial lawyer Jim Butler

-Former State Secretary of State Cathy Cox

-State Representative Rick Crawford

-State Representative Douglas Dean

-Atlanta Mayor Shirley Franklin

-State Representative Mike Glanton

-State Representative Darrl Jordan

-US Representative Jim Marshall

-House Minority DuBose Porter

-State Senator Kashim Reed

-State Representative Wade Starr

-State Labor Commissioner Michael Thurmond

-State Representative Michael von Bremen

Republicans

-State Insurance Commissioner John Oxendine

-Lieutenant Governor Casey Cagle

-US Representative Phil Gingrey

-State Secretary of State Karen Handel

-State Senator Lee Hawkins

-State Senate Pro-Tempore Eric Hawkins

-US Representative Jack Kingston

-State Senator Eugene Pearson

-House Speaker Glenn Richardson

-State Senator Chip Rogers

-US Representative Lynn Westmoreland

This list will likely be trimmed.

WASHINGTON

Democratic

-Governor Gregoire (incumbant)

-Christian Pierre Joubert

Republican

-Dino Rossi

-John W Aiken, jr.

-Javier O Lopez

Reform

-Will Baker

Green

-Duff Badgely

Independent

-James White

Non-Partisan

-Chris Tudor

-Mohammed Hassan Said

I would like more candidate ideas here for the two big parties.

I am doing at least US 1996 (currently under development) and Nunavut 2004 first, but I would like to gather some thoughts and ideas on these two states first. Thanks!

Okay, I've been looking around a bit, and I'm having trouble finding a spacebar party for Georgia and a few more possible candidates for the GOP and Dems for Washington.

A few key issues for Georgia:

-The death penalty for repeat sex offenders (introduced as an issue by Perdue)

-Illegal immigrants (being just north of Florida, this is a big issue)

-Health care (a booming field, given several new medical sciences schools opening): basically still private vs. public

And a few for Washington:

-Forestry (always a big one there)

-Fisheries (again, always a big one)

-Environment (one rising in concern here for over a decade)

Hasn't Johnny Isakson been eyeing the governor's mansion?

Yes, he'd certainly make a good choice for a Georgian Republican gubernatorial candiadate, probably the most (or one of the most, at least) conservative choices.

was interested at moving onto georgia as my next project. if you need any help... just let me know

Thanks! I would appreciate any help I can get. A big question is how do I make maps. Maps of states divided into counties are easy enough to find on the net - how do I convert them to P4E+P maps?

Here are my suggestions for candidates.

GEORGIA

Democrats (10)

-Attorney General Thurbert Baker

-Former State Secretary of State Cathy Cox

-Former Lt. Gov. Mark Taylor

-Atlanta Mayor Shirley Franklin

-US Representative Jim Marshall

-House Minority DuBose Porter

-Frm. Rep. Denise Majette

-Frm. St. Sen. Mary Hodges Squires

-State Representative Wade Starr

-State Labor Commissioner Michael Thurmond

Republicans (10)

-Senator Johnny Isakson

-State Insurance Commissioner John Oxendine

-Lieutenant Governor Casey Cagle

-US Representative Phil Gingrey

-State Secretary of State Karen Handel

-Ralph Reed

-US Representative Jack Kingston

-House Speaker Glenn Richardson

-State Senator Chip Rogers

-US Representative Lynn Westmoreland

Libertarian (4)

-Garrett Michael Hayes

-Allen Buckley

-Kevin Madsen

-David Chastain

Thanks! That trims the list nicely, and includes Isakson. Also, the Libertarians make a good space-bar party (though I know one or two people in real life who actually enjoy playing space-bar parties, despite the fact they never get far with them). I appreciate the help!

Going back to this, since my US 1996 scen is in pre-beta, I found a good county map of Georgia, it just needs to be reduced in size and have superfluous text removed. I don't know whether I should have the City of Atlanta as a seperate region from Fulton County or not. I'm also currently assembling an issues list; though many issues share with other states, some are currently unique (like Perdue's proposal of the death penalty for repeat sex offenders, which I believe is still unresolved). I still need to dig up endorsers, as well as crusaders for each candidate. And then, I'll need a source of the population and political leaning of each county. And that's not even all of it. Any suggestions/help, anyone?

WASHINGTON

Democratic

-Governor Gregoire (incumbant)

-Christian Pierre Joubert

Republican

-Dino Rossi

-John W Aiken, jr.

-Javier O Lopez

Reform

-Will Baker

Green

-Duff Badgely

Independent

-James White

Non-Partisan

-Chris Tudor

-Mohammed Hassan Said

Democrat

-Sharon Tomiko Santos

-Gregory L. Nickels

-Mary Verner

-Dwight Pelz

- Laura Ruderman

-Ron Sims

Republican

-Rob McKenna

-Dave Reichert

-Luke Esser

-Reagan Dunn

-Diane Tebelius

I have most of the ground covered on these two scenarios, I just need help making workable maps. Can anyone help me, please?

Bumping to let you all know these two gubernatorial scenarios will be my next two after 1996 (just needs finishing touches) and 2016 (I'm well into it) are completed. I'm starting to figure out how to make maps and hope to have one for each done soon (I already have the DL'd state maps divided into counties I want from the net; I just have to touch them up.

Going back to these for the moment, anyone have any ideas on big issues in these elections, other than than the ones I've mentioned above? Also, any idea on endorsers? I thought maybe Sonny Perdue in the Georgia one, and then some papers and state senators for both. Anyone familiar with any big Georgia and/or Washington papers and the county(s) or whole state they tend to run in? Are there any big lobby groups I should include?

While I tinker with the final touches to United States 1996 (which is mostly done) and as I wait for a response from TheorySpark on the 'September 3rd error' in United State 1848 (which is also mostly done) as well as the candidates done by heat for United States 1860, I'm going to go ahead and get work done on Washington 2008. I have the scenario basics, as well as the issues, done, and am currently working on detailing counties. I may need advice on fine-tuning EV's by county. I quite like the list of extra Democratic and GOP candidates proposed by Matty1019, though many will be off-by-default, I think, and I'll still have the Reform, Green, Independent, and Non-Partisan ones, as well. Any suggestions and advice, or constructive criticism, is quite welcome.

for endorsers in Georgia you could use Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Sonny Perdue governor, Saxby Chambliss US senator, Newt Gingrich former speaker of the house , John Lewis civil rights leader and current member of the house of reps, Augusta Chronicle, The Telegraph, Savannah Morning News, Shirley Franklin mayor of atlanta

for endorsers in Georgia you could use Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Sonny Perdue governor, Saxby Chambliss US senator, Newt Gingrich former speaker of the house , John Lewis civil rights leader and current member of the house of reps, Augusta Chronicle, The Telegraph, Savannah Morning News, Shirley Franklin mayor of atlanta

I heard that former Gov Roy Barnes might run for Governor of Georgia again

Thanks for those additions, both of you. I appreciate the help. Georgia's slated for after Washington, which already has a start (scenario, issues, and a third of regions done).

Can anyone help me here? I've finished the scenario, issues, political units, and ads parts, and under political parties of my Washigton 2008 scenario, the Democratic Party and all it's candidates and one veep are done, and the base party stats for the Republican Party as well as Dino Rossi (the frontrunner and historical GOP candidate) and the GOP's one veep are done, as are the actiivty symbols. Campaigns Forever records no errors. Yet, when I load the game, I get this error:

Access violation at address 004D8CAA in module 'p4e.exe', Write of address 00000024

Does anyone know what that means or how to fix it?