270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
president9

New Vice-Presidential Candidates for next release of P4E 2008

This is my way to rate experience for the candidates.

1: Never held any federal or statewide political office. Should usually be used for long-shot third party candidates.

2: Less then 1 term in the Senate, less then 1 term as Governor of a small state, only 2-3 terms in the House of Representatives. May have held an office before, but nothing prominent (Barack Obama, Sarah Palin).

3: Has served as a Senator for over 1 term (Maybe 8-12 years), served as a governor for over 1 term, or was a Governor for 1 term in a large state like New York, California, Florida, or has been in the House of Representatives for at least 8 years. May have had some experience in a minor office or a prominent job in the private sector before then.

4: A Senator for at least 3 terms, a governor for over 12 years of a large state or a governor of a mid-sized state for 16 years, or a member of the House of Representatives for 30 years. Someone with foreign policy experience, who has had a prominent role in the military or worked in the White House as a Cabinet member or Vice President.

5: Should only be reserved for incumbent Presidents running for reelection. There experience can't compare with anyone else.

Yes but executive experiance is much more important then legislative when running for pres or vp.

By that estimation, McCain is not qualified. He's never been a Governor.

Besides, the VP is President of The Senate. Legislative experience might not hurt.

Oh, and I like Mitt's model.

However you rate thier experience, McCain and Biden should have the same (probably 4) . Obama and Palin should be rated the same as well (3 or 2). As for Leadership, Obama and McCain can both be 4 (Biden/Palin 3). Make them all 3 in Integrity. As for Charisma, give Obama a 5, Palin a 4 and McCain/Biden 3

However you rate thier experience, McCain and Biden should have the same (probably 4) . Obama and Palin should be rated the same as well (3 or 2). As for Leadership, Obama and McCain can both be 4 (Biden/Palin 3). Make them all 3 in Integrity. As for Charisma, give Obama a 5, Palin a 4 and McCain/Biden 3

I think McCain and Biden should be higher than Obama and Palin on Leadership...

I can certainly tell you I wouldn't feel in any danger with Biden leading.

I think McCain and Biden should be higher than Obama and Palin on Leadership...

I can certainly tell you I wouldn't feel in any danger with Biden leading.

Perheaps leadership and readiness should be seperate.

• Upvote 1

She shouldn't have a 5 in charisma, she's now according to polls the most unpopular of the four BIG candidates.

Popularity doesn't define charisma. I see it as your ability to communicate and connect with voters and her along with Obama are great with that.

• Upvote 1

According to today's hotline poll Pallin is more popular than Biden or McCain. However, this has no bearing on her Charisma, which a quick look at any Republican rally she is at will show is considerable.

I think Palin is a very good speaker, mind you. But she isn't equal to Obama. I stand by suggesting she gets a four.

I think that she's just as good as Obama frankly.

Her convention speech was better then anyone that Obama could have given but she seems to be repeating it over and over.

• Upvote 1

Her convention speech was better then anyone that Obama could have given but she seems to be repeating it over and over.

Which is actually pretty standard for campaign stump speeches. We were far less aware of that back before cable and especially the Internet. I do believe Palin has a new stump speech, the one she gave in Florida that drew a reported 60,000 in attendance.

And this swings me back to the original point: I think Palin deserves a 5 charisma. Yes, plenty of people hate her. Plenty of people also hate Obama; hated Reagan; hated FDR; heck, hated William Jennings Bryan and the "Cross of Gold." A candidate's charisma oughtn't be judged by those naturally opposed, but by those naturally in favor (who will give money and volunteer work), or swayable (who will give votes). By those standards, Palin, like Obama, pegged the needle.

My vote is for Palin's 3 Experience/4 Charisma to be changed to 2 Experience/5 Charisma. And if 80soft doesn't do it, I'll just go change the file myself. ;)

Then I say all the Democrats get 5 in everything. :rolleyes:

The fact is, you never hear anyone talking about Palin's ' charisma ' and never see any parody's for instance about how she is so ' charasmatic ' and no one makes a deal of her ' charisma ' in the media.

The media talking about your charisma is a big part of it.

You go and do that. It won't matter to any of us. :)

It's not just the media its also the voters. Many people think, from both sides of the aisle, that she is in fact a gifted speaker. Whether or not the media is talking about her charisma is irrelevant, the voters elect the President and Vice-President not the media. Lets not forget that the biggest crowd that Obama had, prior to the Democratic National Convention, was 75,000. Palin's biggest crowd was 60,000 and thats a lot of people, especially for a Vice-Presidential candidate.