270soft Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sean

Fear and Loathing: on the Campaign Trail, '72

THE GAME IS NOT DONE YET!

In fact it is not anywhere near done. So please do not request it. We will send it to theoryspark when it is done however.

Wallace should be available as a third party candidate but turned off by default. There was some worry that Wallace would run as an American Independent again if he lost the Democratic primary. Also, there should be an event to represent the assassination attempt on Wallace.

One of my favourite books of all time, not to mention Hunter S. Thompson is one of my favourite authors of all time. If you need any help with the scenario, just either IM me on RockyRepublican or send me an email at mikeydukickass88@yahoo.com.au (likewise for the scenario, when your completed).

What issues will you have in the scenario? Will you use ones from the 1968 scenario, considering that might be easier or...?

One of my favourite books of all time, not to mention Hunter S. Thompson is one of my favourite authors of all time. If you need any help with the scenario, just either IM me on RockyRepublican or send me an email at mikeydukickass88@yahoo.com.au (likewise for the scenario, when your completed).

What issues will you have in the scenario? Will you use ones from the 1968 scenario, considering that might be easier or...?

First off, great e-mail address. :)

The issues will be similar, but with the issue positions changed i.e. Vietnam will still be an issue, but dovish positions will be centrist.

The issues will be similar, but with the issue positions changed i.e. Vietnam will still be an issue, but dovish positions will be centrist.

Not so much dovish as "Americans aren't dying, so what do I care" I think was the mood at the times. Liberal Democrats still cared about the war; Republicans, independents, and eventually-called Reagan Democrats were ok with Viet Nam as is.

By 1972 Viet Nam was going well. Ground troops were mostly out, South Vietnamese troops backed by American airpower could stop regular army North Vietnamese troops, the Phoenix program (and other special forces) coupled with the huge Tet victory in '68 had wiped out the Viet Cong and hence South Vietnam was more stable. All-in-all to the American voting public, Nixon had done a pretty darn good job with Viet Nam and his air power escalation didn't bother them as long as few Americans were dying.

Hey, Hey, Hey! I'm back from Chicago, and I'm gonna be getting back to helping with the candidates and possibly endorsers. I just got Fear and Lothing, and it is fantastic! It actually gives a pretty good idea of percentages and the overall momentuum changes in the campaign. Anyway, where are we with the scenario? and also, if it is possible can Vietnam be a bigger issue in the Democratic primaries, where voters had shifted more towards the left in general?

if it is possible can Vietnam be a bigger issue in the Democratic primaries, where voters had shifted more towards the left in general?

You can set an issue's profile higher in primaries (both sides) and given that Nixon's position was fairly in the centre you could have the Democratic primaries be very left on the issue (primaries shift issues to the left or right to account for the more hardcore voters in primaries).

All right folks, here is what i have done and what i need done:

What I have Done

• Democratic Party Information
  • Issues

Heres what I'm Planning on doing

• Republican Party Information
  • Updated Electoral numbers
  • Endorsers

Heres what I need help on

• Events
  • Primary Dates
  • Delegate numbers per state
  • Overall numbers per state

So basically all I need to know is what Electric Monk and Warner '12 are going to do

Also, Warner '12, here are my issues

Vietnam

Law & Order

National Service

Military Funding

Draft Dodgers

Nuclear Weapons

Equal Rights Amendment

Poverty Relief

Busing

Education

Wage and Price Controls

Soviet Union

China

Israel

Government Size

Acid, Amnesty, & Abortion

Taxes

Health Care

Ok, actually wallace and jackson and lindsay are not finished. Also, I have received some news that will severly limit my ability to work on this. Thus discount the previous post for the most part.

Email me if you want what little i have: hcallega@yahoo.com

This has been officially revived.

Right now, issues are the biggest deal. Vietnam, Health Care, Inflation and Civil Unrest will be the most important ones. Anyone care to help?